From SPDX Wiki
- Jilayne Lovejoy
- Dennis Clark
- Tom Incorvia
- Alan Tse
- Mark Gisi
1) License expression syntax
- Mark has not gotten any further feedback, so feeling like it's pretty close
- Mark raised issue of whether SPDX License List short identifiers and (new) license expression operators should be case sensitive with the Tech Team and discussed further here: decided that for purposes of spec, in terms of a legitimate value, both could be case insensitive (but best practice would be to display with precise capitalization). Mark to go back to tech team with this decision.
- Mark is also working on accompanying FAQ document for the license expression syntax. He has identified 7 questions/areas to answer, which we discussed. those are (roughly):
- why do we need license expression language? (aren't open source projects under a single license?)
- what is the difference between a license and a license notice?
- do we have examples?
- why is GPL-2.0+ no longer an identifier in SPDX 2.0?
- why are some expressions no longer valid?
- what is the difference between a license and a license expression?
- is the license expression case sensitive?
- Mark to send first draft of FAQ document to legal team for review at next meeting, Oct 2