- Attendance: 15
- Minutes accepted
Technical Team Report - Bill
One specific blocking item/for spec and tools. The issue is has to do with set of terms to describe situation where a concluded license is not named. Team had been working with terms such as: None, No Assertion, Not Analyzed, Blank. They are working on a final proposal but are leaning towards two values one indcating that there has been a conclusion that there is no license and one indicating that there is no conclusion one way or the other.
Team is asking for some ratification from the legal team, but proceeding on the two value path.
Business Team Report - Kim
Beta kickoffs are scheduled.
Final field names are getting merged into the training and tool docs by Kim and Kirsten resepctively.
Legal Team Report - Rockett
Metadata licensing issue still under discussion
Team is reviewing the need for including change tracking of SPDX docs in the spec. This will not hold up the beta. There was a discussion about how major a requirement this would be, i.e. would it necessarily hold up V1.0 past LinuxCon in August. The general sense from members of the Tech Team (which has been contemplating the issue) was that it would not by itself.
Cross Functional Issues – Phil
Website: A workign group of Kirsten, Pierre and Steve have been reviewing the website for usability. They are recommending the "three big buttons" approach to the home page for folks who are:
- New to SPDX and want to get up to speed
- Familar and looking for official information on the spec and how to use
- Interested in participating in development of the spec
Their other major recommendation was to have drop down menus to give more visibility into the various sections of the website from the home page.
There was lots of spirited discussion and opinions, but general agreement on the direction.
The team will be developing and circulating mockups for subsequent feedback.
- MartinM- Report back on # of people on respective mailing lists. ONGOING
- spdx: 98
- spdz-biz: 17
- spdx-legal: 23
- spdx-tech: 21
- Phil Odence, Black Duck Software
- Kirsten Newcomer, Black Duck Software
- Esteban Rockett, Motorola
- Phil Koltun, Linux Foundation
- Tom Incorvia, Microfocus
- Gary O'Neall, Source Auditor
- Jillayne Lovejoy, OpenLogic
- Michael Herzog, NexB
- Pierre Lapointe, NexB
- Martin Michlmayr, HP
- Bill Schineller, Black Duck Software
- Kim Weins, Open Logic
- Peter Williams, Open Logic
- Mark Gisi, Wind River
- Steve Cropper, Cisco