Difference between revisions of "General Meeting/Minutes/2010-10-21"

From SPDX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(Convert to MediaWiki syntax)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
<h3 style="margin: 5px 0px; color: #4d4d4d; font-size: 13px; font-weight: bold; text-transform: capitalize; padding: 0px;"><strong>DRAFT<br /></strong></h3>
+
'''DRAFT'''
<p style="margin: 5px 0px 10px; font-size: 12px; color: #666666; line-height: 18px; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px;"><strong>Agenda&nbsp;</strong></p>
+
<ul style="list-style-type: disc; margin: 0px 0px 10px 20px; font-size: 12px; padding: 0px;"><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">Attendance - 14</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">Approval of minutes:&nbsp; 9/23 were approved on 10/14;&nbsp;&nbsp; 10/14 still need to be entered and reviewed.</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">Outreach and evangelism:<br />
+
<ul style="list-style-type: disc; margin: 0px 0px 0px 20px; font-size: 12px; padding: 0px;"><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">Common Messaging/Presentation – PhilO<ul><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">no update</li></ul></li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">Industry Venues – PhilR<ul><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">no update</li></ul></li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">Website – MartinM<ul><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">website has been running smoothly for while, no missing feature requests recently&nbsp;</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">SPDX listed in spam databases - working to get spdx removed.&nbsp; </li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">BillS: any issue with posting HTML page?&nbsp; look to getting subdirectory should be ok</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;"><em>( <strong>AI: Bill S</strong> to send Martin some examples. </em>)</li></ul></li></ul>
+
</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">&nbsp;Legal Update - Rockett<br /><ul><li>&nbsp; SPDX file contents license - working on draft with Bradley, under creative commons - make sure last person editing absolves the previous person.&nbsp; Ideal goal is to work with Creative Commons open source license author.</li><li>Trademark use policy - Karen &amp; Rockett to work on it.&nbsp; To be reviewed with SPDX work group,&nbsp; prior to wider publishing<em><strong> (AI: Rockett</strong> to mail out trademark policy draft to SPDX list)</em></li><li>Trademark processing in progress - looking for response back early November&nbsp;<em> (<strong>AI: Rockett</strong> to query status)</em></li><li>Second dedicated LF meeting is still to be scheduled,&nbsp; SPDX cliff notes version needed for (see action item for Kate below), Rockett to announce date.</li><li>Some concern to make sure that SPDX is cast at appropriate light with Linux Foundation, and is not oversold.</li></ul>&nbsp;</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">&nbsp;Roll Out Update - KimW<br /><ul><li>&nbsp;no changes on roll out - face to face date still pending </li><li>&nbsp;key is how many people can participate, will be discussed tomorrow, and Kim to mail out to wider group the plans.&nbsp;<em><strong> (AI: Kim</strong> to announce F2F plans after discussion)</em></li></ul></li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">&nbsp;Licensing Subgroup Update - Jilayne<br /><ul><li>spreadsheet sent out with first list.</li><li>guidelines created as went along - looking for review and feedback from group. </li><li>questions came up as looking at it - to be discussed in next licensing meeting. </li><li>next licensing meeting now scheduled for 11/12 at this time - <em><strong>(AI: Kim</strong> to set up invite.) </em></li><li><em><strong>(AI all</strong>: please review 6 months mail and contrast against spreadsheet.)</em></li><li>Some discussion on headers and decision made to keep the syntax of the text to be language neutral was made.&nbsp; (ie. C style comments,&nbsp; Java style, etc. ignored )</li><li>&nbsp;For now we'll keep working in spreadsheet, with goal of auto translating it over to the html pages when stabilizes.&nbsp; (see action for Martin/Bill to look at html pages written directly to WIKI)</li></ul></li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">RDF Subgroup Update - Peter<br /><ul><li>concensus of how code RDF semantics into spec still in discussion.</li><li>group is at work on adding additional capabilities to licensing part.</li><li>5.6/5.7 issue - one proposal adds 5.6 &amp; 5.7 additional properties (name and URL of project file belongs to) - alternate proposal links to DOAP project that encodes the name and URL.&nbsp;<em>&nbsp; (<strong>AI: Peter</strong> will write up formal proposal between&nbsp; the two proposal, and mail out to list. )</em></li><li><em><strong>(AI: All</strong> - Next meeting will be voting on it explicitly, those that can't attend, are urged to post feedback/vote to list.)</em></li></ul></li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">Spec Update - Kate<br /><ul><li>&nbsp;3.3 - changing field from SHA of tarball to XOR of file level SHAs.&nbsp;<em> (<strong>AI: Kate</strong> to write up formal proposal for change of field and mail out to the list.</em></li><li><em>(<strong>AI: All</strong> - please review and if there are technical flaws open discussion on list, if no flaws figured out,&nbsp; next meeting will vote on it changing).</em></li><li>5.6/5.7 - discussion of mail list threads - clarification of proposals? (see comments under RDF)</li><li>no other spec field issues known pending at this time.&nbsp;&nbsp; Any new suggestions/requests/comments,&nbsp; please post to list, and add entry into appropriate point in WIKI.</li><li><em>(<strong>AI: Kate</strong> add back to SPEC page in WIKI - prefered syntax for adding comments into SPEC)</em></li></ul></li></ul><p>&nbsp;</p><p>ACTION ITEMS</p>
+
  
<ul style="list-style-type: disc; margin: 0px 0px 10px 20px; font-size: 12px; padding: 0px;"><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">Kate- Transfer document (.pdf) back to WIKI. DONE</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">Dave - Clean up the WIKI to only have analysis visible that reflects current spec. &nbsp;IN PROCESS</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">Dave/JeffL - Update zlib based on new specification &nbsp;IN PROCESS</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">Peter - Mail out competing proposals for 5.6/5.7 &nbsp;IN PROCESS</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">Kate- Track and (when Wiki is back up) implement changes described in Spec section below. DONE (see above)</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">PeterW- Implement issue tracking system.&nbsp; BLOCKED ON KATE</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">Kate - submit ids to Linux Foundation so infrastructure setup can proceed - pending.</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">Kate- Draft example for LF Member Counsel; include XML and corresponding spreadsheet (or spreadsheet-like) format. peinding</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">Kim - list of questions from Open World Forum to form start of FAQ&nbsp; -
+
== Agenda ==
pending - will send mail to list with questions remembered,&nbsp; request
+
Phillipe O, add comments.</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">Phil R - Update Industry Events.</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">Kim/Martin - slides from OWF made available.&nbsp; Now posted on open world - matin to post to SPDX or link. - DONE</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">Kate - 10/14 minutes to be added to WIKI for review. - IN PROCESS</li></ul>
+
  
<p style="margin: 5px 0px 10px; font-size: 12px; color: #666666; line-height: 18px; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px;">New&nbsp; - See notes in above minutes.</p><h3 style="margin: 5px 0px; color: #4d4d4d; font-size: 13px; font-weight: bold; text-transform: capitalize; padding: 0px;"></h3><h3 style="margin: 5px 0px; color: #4d4d4d; font-size: 13px; font-weight: bold; text-transform: capitalize; padding: 0px;">NEXT MEETING</h3><ul><li>2010/01/04 at same time.</li></ul>
+
* Attendance - 14
<p>&nbsp;</p><h3 style="margin: 5px 0px; color: #4d4d4d; font-size: 13px; font-weight: bold; text-transform: capitalize; padding: 0px;">ATTENDANCE</h3><ul style="list-style-type: disc; margin: 0px 0px 10px 20px; font-size: 12px; padding: 0px;"><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">&nbsp; Tom Incorvia - MicroFocus</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">&nbsp; Michael Herzog, nexB</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">&nbsp;&nbsp;Esteban Rockett, Motorola</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">&nbsp;&nbsp;Bill Schineller, Black Duck Software</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">&nbsp;&nbsp;Phil Koltun, Linux Foundation</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">&nbsp;&nbsp;Janet Campbell, Eclipse Foundation</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">&nbsp;&nbsp;Peter Williams, OpenLogic</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">&nbsp;&nbsp;Kim Weins, OpenLogic</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">&nbsp; Eric W., Open Logic</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">&nbsp; Dave M. Open Logic</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">&nbsp; Jilayne Lovejoy, Open Logic</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">&nbsp; Martin Michlmyer, HP</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">&nbsp; Kate Stewart, Canonical</li><li style="margin: 0px 0px 5px;">&nbsp;&nbsp;Mark Gisi, Wind River</li></ul>
+
* Approval of minutes: 9/23 were approved on 10/14; 10/14 still need to be entered and reviewed.
 +
* Outreach and evangelism:
 +
** Common Messaging/Presentation – PhilO
 +
*** no update
 +
** Industry Venues – PhilR
 +
*** no update
 +
** Website – MartinM
 +
*** website has been running smoothly for while, no missing feature requests recently
 +
*** SPDX listed in spam databases - working to get spdx removed.
 +
*** BillS: any issue with posting HTML page? look to getting subdirectory should be ok
 +
*** ''( '''AI: Bill S''' to send Martin some examples. '')
 +
* Legal Update - Rockett
 +
** SPDX file contents license - working on draft with Bradley, under creative commons - make sure last person editing absolves the previous person. Ideal goal is to work with Creative Commons open source license author.
 +
** Trademark use policy - Karen &amp; Rockett to work on it. To be reviewed with SPDX work group, prior to wider publishing''''' (AI: Rockett''' to mail out trademark policy draft to SPDX list)''
 +
** Trademark processing in progress - looking for response back early November '' ('''AI: Rockett''' to query status)''
 +
** Second dedicated LF meeting is still to be scheduled, SPDX cliff notes version needed for (see action item for Kate below), Rockett to announce date.
 +
** Some concern to make sure that SPDX is cast at appropriate light with Linux Foundation, and is not oversold.
 +
* Roll Out Update - KimW
 +
** no changes on roll out - face to face date still pending
 +
** key is how many people can participate, will be discussed tomorrow, and Kim to mail out to wider group the plans. ''''' (AI: Kim''' to announce F2F plans after discussion)''
 +
* Licensing Subgroup Update - Jilayne
 +
** spreadsheet sent out with first list.
 +
** guidelines created as went along - looking for review and feedback from group.
 +
** questions came up as looking at it - to be discussed in next licensing meeting.
 +
** next licensing meeting now scheduled for 11/12 at this time - '''''(AI: Kim''' to set up invite.) ''
 +
** '''''(AI all''': please review 6 months mail and contrast against spreadsheet.)''
 +
** Some discussion on headers and decision made to keep the syntax of the text to be language neutral was made. (ie. C style comments, Java style, etc. ignored )
 +
** For now we'll keep working in spreadsheet, with goal of auto translating it over to the html pages when stabilizes. (see action for Martin/Bill to look at html pages written directly to WIKI)
 +
* RDF Subgroup Update - Peter
 +
** concensus of how code RDF semantics into spec still in discussion.
 +
** group is at work on adding additional capabilities to licensing part.
 +
** 5.6/5.7 issue - one proposal adds 5.6 &amp; 5.7 additional properties (name and URL of project file belongs to) - alternate proposal links to DOAP project that encodes the name and URL. '' ('''AI: Peter''' will write up formal proposal between the two proposal, and mail out to list. )''
 +
** '''''(AI: All''' - Next meeting will be voting on it explicitly, those that can't attend, are urged to post feedback/vote to list.)''
 +
* Spec Update - Kate
 +
** 3.3 - changing field from SHA of tarball to XOR of file level SHAs. '' ('''AI: Kate''' to write up formal proposal for change of field and mail out to the list.''
 +
** ''('''AI: All''' - please review and if there are technical flaws open discussion on list, if no flaws figured out, next meeting will vote on it changing).''
 +
** 5.6/5.7 - discussion of mail list threads - clarification of proposals? (see comments under RDF)
 +
** no other spec field issues known pending at this time. Any new suggestions/requests/comments, please post to list, and add entry into appropriate point in WIKI.
 +
** ''('''AI: Kate''' add back to SPEC page in WIKI - prefered syntax for adding comments into SPEC)''
 +
 
 +
== Action Items ==
 +
 
 +
* Kate- Transfer document (.pdf) back to WIKI. DONE
 +
* Dave - Clean up the WIKI to only have analysis visible that reflects current spec. IN PROCESS
 +
* Dave/JeffL - Update zlib based on new specification IN PROCESS
 +
* Peter - Mail out competing proposals for 5.6/5.7 IN PROCESS
 +
* Kate- Track and (when Wiki is back up) implement changes described in Spec section below. DONE (see above)
 +
* PeterW- Implement issue tracking system. BLOCKED ON KATE
 +
* Kate - submit ids to Linux Foundation so infrastructure setup can proceed - pending.
 +
* Kate- Draft example for LF Member Counsel; include XML and corresponding spreadsheet (or spreadsheet-like) format. peinding
 +
* Kim - list of questions from Open World Forum to form start of FAQ - pending - will send mail to list with questions remembered, request Phillipe O, add comments.
 +
* Phil R - Update Industry Events.
 +
* Kim/Martin - slides from OWF made available. Now posted on open world - matin to post to SPDX or link. - DONE
 +
* Kate - 10/14 minutes to be added to WIKI for review. - IN PROCESS
 +
 
 +
New - See notes in above minutes.
 +
 
 +
== Next Meeting ==
 +
 
 +
* 2010/01/04 at same time.
 +
 
 +
== Attendees ==
 +
 
 +
* Tom Incorvia - MicroFocus
 +
* Michael Herzog, nexB
 +
* Esteban Rockett, Motorola
 +
* Bill Schineller, Black Duck Software
 +
* Phil Koltun, Linux Foundation
 +
* Janet Campbell, Eclipse Foundation
 +
* Peter Williams, OpenLogic
 +
* Kim Weins, OpenLogic
 +
* Eric W., Open Logic
 +
* Dave M. Open Logic
 +
* Jilayne Lovejoy, Open Logic
 +
* Martin Michlmyer, HP
 +
* Kate Stewart, Canonical
 +
* Mark Gisi, Wind River
 +
 
 +
[[Category:General|Minutes]]
 +
[[Category:Minutes]]

Latest revision as of 10:59, 6 March 2013

DRAFT

Agenda

  • Attendance - 14
  • Approval of minutes: 9/23 were approved on 10/14; 10/14 still need to be entered and reviewed.
  • Outreach and evangelism:
    • Common Messaging/Presentation – PhilO
      • no update
    • Industry Venues – PhilR
      • no update
    • Website – MartinM
      • website has been running smoothly for while, no missing feature requests recently
      • SPDX listed in spam databases - working to get spdx removed.
      • BillS: any issue with posting HTML page? look to getting subdirectory should be ok
      • ( AI: Bill S to send Martin some examples. )
  • Legal Update - Rockett
    • SPDX file contents license - working on draft with Bradley, under creative commons - make sure last person editing absolves the previous person. Ideal goal is to work with Creative Commons open source license author.
    • Trademark use policy - Karen & Rockett to work on it. To be reviewed with SPDX work group, prior to wider publishing (AI: Rockett to mail out trademark policy draft to SPDX list)
    • Trademark processing in progress - looking for response back early November (AI: Rockett to query status)
    • Second dedicated LF meeting is still to be scheduled, SPDX cliff notes version needed for (see action item for Kate below), Rockett to announce date.
    • Some concern to make sure that SPDX is cast at appropriate light with Linux Foundation, and is not oversold.
  • Roll Out Update - KimW
    • no changes on roll out - face to face date still pending
    • key is how many people can participate, will be discussed tomorrow, and Kim to mail out to wider group the plans. (AI: Kim to announce F2F plans after discussion)
  • Licensing Subgroup Update - Jilayne
    • spreadsheet sent out with first list.
    • guidelines created as went along - looking for review and feedback from group.
    • questions came up as looking at it - to be discussed in next licensing meeting.
    • next licensing meeting now scheduled for 11/12 at this time - (AI: Kim to set up invite.)
    • (AI all: please review 6 months mail and contrast against spreadsheet.)
    • Some discussion on headers and decision made to keep the syntax of the text to be language neutral was made. (ie. C style comments, Java style, etc. ignored )
    • For now we'll keep working in spreadsheet, with goal of auto translating it over to the html pages when stabilizes. (see action for Martin/Bill to look at html pages written directly to WIKI)
  • RDF Subgroup Update - Peter
    • concensus of how code RDF semantics into spec still in discussion.
    • group is at work on adding additional capabilities to licensing part.
    • 5.6/5.7 issue - one proposal adds 5.6 & 5.7 additional properties (name and URL of project file belongs to) - alternate proposal links to DOAP project that encodes the name and URL. (AI: Peter will write up formal proposal between the two proposal, and mail out to list. )
    • (AI: All - Next meeting will be voting on it explicitly, those that can't attend, are urged to post feedback/vote to list.)
  • Spec Update - Kate
    • 3.3 - changing field from SHA of tarball to XOR of file level SHAs. (AI: Kate to write up formal proposal for change of field and mail out to the list.
    • (AI: All - please review and if there are technical flaws open discussion on list, if no flaws figured out, next meeting will vote on it changing).
    • 5.6/5.7 - discussion of mail list threads - clarification of proposals? (see comments under RDF)
    • no other spec field issues known pending at this time. Any new suggestions/requests/comments, please post to list, and add entry into appropriate point in WIKI.
    • (AI: Kate add back to SPEC page in WIKI - prefered syntax for adding comments into SPEC)

Action Items

  • Kate- Transfer document (.pdf) back to WIKI. DONE
  • Dave - Clean up the WIKI to only have analysis visible that reflects current spec. IN PROCESS
  • Dave/JeffL - Update zlib based on new specification IN PROCESS
  • Peter - Mail out competing proposals for 5.6/5.7 IN PROCESS
  • Kate- Track and (when Wiki is back up) implement changes described in Spec section below. DONE (see above)
  • PeterW- Implement issue tracking system. BLOCKED ON KATE
  • Kate - submit ids to Linux Foundation so infrastructure setup can proceed - pending.
  • Kate- Draft example for LF Member Counsel; include XML and corresponding spreadsheet (or spreadsheet-like) format. peinding
  • Kim - list of questions from Open World Forum to form start of FAQ - pending - will send mail to list with questions remembered, request Phillipe O, add comments.
  • Phil R - Update Industry Events.
  • Kim/Martin - slides from OWF made available. Now posted on open world - matin to post to SPDX or link. - DONE
  • Kate - 10/14 minutes to be added to WIKI for review. - IN PROCESS

New - See notes in above minutes.

Next Meeting

  • 2010/01/04 at same time.

Attendees

  • Tom Incorvia - MicroFocus
  • Michael Herzog, nexB
  • Esteban Rockett, Motorola
  • Bill Schineller, Black Duck Software
  • Phil Koltun, Linux Foundation
  • Janet Campbell, Eclipse Foundation
  • Peter Williams, OpenLogic
  • Kim Weins, OpenLogic
  • Eric W., Open Logic
  • Dave M. Open Logic
  • Jilayne Lovejoy, Open Logic
  • Martin Michlmyer, HP
  • Kate Stewart, Canonical
  • Mark Gisi, Wind River